Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A special thanks to my Father and all the rest.

I saw something that one of my friends posted to my facebook wall and it got me to thinking about my dad and all the many things that he accomplished and taught me in my life, though he passed away in 1990 I can still hear his voice when things are quiet around me, you see my dad was a sniper in the 5th United States Army during the Second world War they were the men who were Island Hopping ahead of the Marines back than. I did some studying awhile back and discovered that while my dad was on the ground I also had a great U&ncle Charles who was an Army Fighter Pilot during the Paciffic war. My Grandfather Donald was a soldier during the First World War and I have found from tracing my ancestory that we Fergusons have been involved in wars throught the history of our time in America and before that as well, most all of us my brother included were in the Army I had to be different and join the Navy. I can remember my dad when I was back home for RAP duty after all my training and being gone for a year plus telling me that my uniform made me look a bus driver he never was one to keep things bottled up and with my dad you always knew exactly where you stood at any given moment. He was the kind of man that if you did'nt want to know something do not ask him because he let fly and shot with both barrels consequences be damned, my buddy Rod one time came in and asked my dad how he was feeling before heading down stairs and got to find out first hand that you should not ask some people certain questions because they will tell you unabridged exactly how they are feeling in that instance the answer was and I quote " I feel like shit and I dont give a fuck about it" Rod was somewhat surprised to me that was the essence of my dad's charm and I loved and respected that man more than I could ever put into words, I am certain that is why I have grown up to be the self reliant hard headed stubborn asshole that I am and to me that is a good thing and a good way to be. So to my father whom I miss and my mother whom I miss also and to all of the men and women who have served or currently are serving our country and have paid or are willing to pay the ultimate price for our way of life. I say THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE, MAY THE WINGS OF LIBERTY NEVER LOOSE A FEATHER WHILE WE YET BREATH.

No comments:

Post a Comment