Friday, June 29, 2012

A Follow up to my previous entries for your reading pleasure.

I have been conversing with my brother band sister in law lately and we have been discussing certain facet of more recent events and I looked into something several months ago but at the time did not do a post on it, now I feel a bit more compelled to do a post because some more recent events and Executive Orders make me quite nervous with what the immediate future will hold for this country. First let us begin with the insurrection act of 1807 originally penned by Thomas Jefferson during his Presidency it was designed to limit the powers of the President in respects to how he could use the deployment of trops on American soil in times of crisis and required going through congress to implement. Well that has been re written in modern times to instead give the President the Authority to implement a state of Martial Law at his discretion if he see's a situation as a threat or possible threat to national security to include natural disasters, civil unrest, acts of terrorism or other incidents though other incidents is not clearly defined,national epidemics. I am sure that you get the picture it was further amended to include Guam and the Virgin Islands as States for these purposes. You can read up on this at ACT OF 1807 This is done in conjunction with already existing Executive Orders hence the reason for my post the other day on an executive order from march of this year. VIEW HERE which President Obama wrote in preperation for what at the time was thought to be a coming conflict with Iraq that never came to pass, Now more recently in May of this year this particular Executive Order was released YEMEN All of these things give me food for thought though I am still trying to grasp in what way that things going on in or even involving Yemen constitutes a serious threat to the National Security of The United States or it various interests world wide. As far as I know we have no direct dealings with Yemen and last I heard that country was a war zone between opposing forces wanting to control it's government. I do not see two warring Arab Factions in any way as a threat to our national security but appearently the President and his staff must see something different. I leave it to everyone to draw there own conclusions on these events as I am sure some or most will reach other conclusions than I myself can assimilate. have a great day and a better tomorrow and keep in mind that "Chance Favors the Prepared Mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment