Sunday, September 11, 2011

High the memory remains.

I know this sounds kind of stupid or maybe cheesey dont know which but can you remember what you were doing when the first plane hit the world trade center towers? The absolute weird part is I know exactly what I was doing that morning I can remember it vividly, you see for me that should've been a happy day got up went to work was looking forward to signing the closing papers on the house that Karie and I had purchased after work that day.Right as I walked in the back door I heard the guys on the radio talking about breaking news of a plane crashing into the World Trade Center so I turned off the radio and turned on the television just in time to watch the second plane hit its mark. The famous speech by Franklin Roosevelt came immediately to mind for the last generation December 7 1941 was a day that will live in infamy, for this generation that day is September 11th 2001 when the world turned upside down for the people of America. However their are no real similarities to those two horrible days other than they occured on American Soil, the Japanese choose attacking the Naval Base at Pearl Harbor Hawaii as a way to bring America into the second world war, an act of war aimed at a military target here also 2000 plus Americans lost their lives but their the similarities end. The world Trade Center was not a military target and the people that died their were not professional soldiers who are paid to put their lives on the line for their country, no these were evryday people that did as they did every day they got out of bed and went to work. I stared transfixed at the television for a while as the anger grew within me because even than I had a pretty good idea as to who was responsible he and his goons had tried once before in 1993 if you will remember at that time nothing was done in retaliation and it shouldve been. Well this time the Assholes succeded in their plan but retaliation did come swiftly and with a purpose to let the rest of those Jack Wagons know that if you come sniffing around here we will piss on your grave after we put you in it. Today everyone in the United States needs to spend some time in silent reflection remebering that day and the horror and chaos that ensued remember all the people that died for no real reason because they chose to go to work that day. I sat back earlier and listened to a song by YES HIGH THE MEMORY as this song always makes me relax and reflect on events gone by so sit back relax and click the link and reflect on the days gone by and pay a silent tribute to all the dead of the past.
THE REMEMBERING.

No comments:

Post a Comment